How To Deploy To The Kami App And Extension to your School Domain
This step by step guide will show you how to set-up the Kami extension and app to deploy across your domain and the connected devices.
1. Go to Google admin panel (http://admin.google.com/), and sign in using your administrator-level Google Apps for Education (GAFE) account.
If you are logged in with a non-administrator account, you will see this dashboard instead:
If this happens, go back and locate your admin login.
2. Select the “Devices” settings option.
3. Select "Chrome Management" on the left side toolbar.
4. Scroll down the menu and select "Apps and Extensions" . From that page select from the tabs at the top “Users and Browsers”.
5. Click the yellow plus circle in the bottom right corner.
6. Select “Add from Chrome web-store” from the pop-up menu.
7. Search for Kami.
8. Install “Kami” and “Kami Extension”.
9. Under “Installation policy” select “force install”.
This will force install Kami for all of the users under your domain.
We recommend blocking other PDF viewers, such as DocHub, as they may confuse students or cause conflict during assignments. You can do this by following steps 1-6, finding the other apps in the Chrome store and under “Installation Policy” selecting “Block”.
Note: Since we recommend installing both the App and the Extension, we also recommend using the Google Admin Console, because this can be done in one step (the G Suite Marketplace only allows you to install the App, so you need to use the Google Admin Console anyway).
However, if you really want to deploy using the G Suite Marketplace and then the Google Admin Console, here is how:
How Do I Deploy Kami Using G Suite Marketplace?
- Go to the G Suite Marketplace for Kami.
2. Click Install App in the top right corner
3. Click Continue.
4. Review the terms of service, specify if you want to make the app available to your whole domain or to a specific team or department, check the agreement box and click Accept.
5. If you want to send users notification that the app is available, set the Notification will be sent to user setting to On and click Next.
6. When installation is complete, you can click Done.