This is a basic starter guide for you as a teacher to get your Kami account set up and running. By the end of this article you should be able to get started with all of the tools
First we create a login and get the Kami Chrome extension installed then after we setup Drive.
It assumes that you are a teacher at a school with 1:1 Chromebooks and G-suite admin panel. For articles aimed more at school or district tech personnel and admin please see this collection of help articles.
Installing Kami To Your Device
You'll want to make sure you have the following extensions to ensure you have full functionality with all of the tools:
- Download and install the Kami extensions listed above or speak to the team who administers your school's network about deploying them Kami across your schools domain. (https://help.kamiapp.com/en/articles/788325-how-to-deploy-to-the-kami-app-and-extension-to-your-school-domain)
- Create a Kami login using your school email address:(https://web.kamihq.com/web/viewer.html)
- Open up Kami either from the above link or the extension in the Chrome extensions.
Connecting Your Google Drive To Kami
You can connect Google Drive to Kami by following these steps:
- Open Drive, by going to drive.google.com
2. Right click on a PDF file
3. Hover over Open with
4. Select Connect more apps
5. Search for Kami and select Connect
When Google Drive has been connected, you are now ready to open your first document and start annotating with Kami!
Now that we've got you up in running, in the next article will walk you through how to set up your students!