For students to use your Teacher Plan, they need to:
- Install the Kami extension on to their device.
- Sign in to Kami using their school Google account.
- Link to their teacher’s Kami Teacher Plan license.
1. Installing the Kami extension
Students must install the Kami for Google Chrome™ Extension into their Google Chrome Browser. To do this, they must:
- Go to kami.app/extension
- Click the Add to Chrome button, then Add Extension.
2. Sign into Kami
Students then need to create a Kami login by signing up.
- Open the Kami app by going to https://web.kamiapp.com
- Students must sign in using their school’s Google account using the with Google button. If they don’t have a Google account, type your school email address and enter your password, then click the with Email button.
- In the sign-up details select School, then Student as your role, then Finish.
Kami will now be set up on the student’s device.
3. Linking to students to a teacher’s Kami Teacher Plan license
Using an LMS integration (Google Classroom, Schoology or Canvas)
The quickest way to add all of your students to your Teacher Plan license, if you are using an LMS, is by creating a Kami assignment:
- Create a Kami assignment and assign it to your class.
- Students will need to select the assignment and Open with Kami.
- Students who open their assignment with Kami will then have your teacher’s Kami Teacher Plan license automatically applied to their individual accounts.
You don’t have an LMS
As a teacher, you can also directly share your Teacher Plan license key with students without using an integration. When signing up, you will have received an email with your key over email. Find this email and then:
- Have your students sign into Kami.
- Share the link that you received over email with your students. When your students click on the link, they’ll automatically be enrolled on your license.
If you have not received an email containing your license key, please either check your inboxes (sometimes the email will get marked as spam put into the 'Updates' tab in Gmail) or get in touch with us at email@example.com and we can provide it to you.