This article is intended for teachers, school CTO, tech personnel, school admin staff looking to setting up students and to share their license to the paid or trial version of Kami with them.
If you have not received the email containing your please either check your inboxes (sometimes the email will get marked as spam or gets put into the 'Updates' tab in Gmail) or get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Installing Kami On The Students Device
As with the previous article where we discussed the steps individual user setup; we need to again follow these steps for each student first need to install the necessary Kami Extensions and connect the students Kami account to their Google Drive.
- Ensure the students have and install the Kami extensions listed above (or speak to the team who administers your school's network about deploying them Kami across your schools domain)
- Create a Kami login using their school email address (https://web.kamihq.com/web/viewer.html)
- Open up Kami (https://web.kamihq.com/web/viewer.html)
Connecting Their Google Drive To Kami
- Connect Kami to Google Drive (https://help.kamiapp.com/google-chrome-and-google-drive/how-do-i-open-a-file-from-google-drive)
- When Google Drive has been connected, you can now open your first document
Sharing Your License With Your Students
Assigning through Google Classroom (Auto-recognition)
1. Create an assignment using the Create Kami Assignment button.
2. Send the assignment. Any student who opens the assignment will have the sending teacher's license automatically applied to their account.
Activation through each Student's Profile
To begin, you must have the license key. Your license key will be emailed to you when you purchase. If you don't have it yet, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Sign in - http://kamihq.com or via Chrome app/extension.
2. Click the Profile icon in the top right, then click "Enter License/coupon."
3. License - Add license key to the "License/Coupon" field.
4. Click Apply. If successful, there will be a green message that says "Successfully updated your profile."
Forward The Email To Students
You can also forward the confirmation email to your students, and they can click the activation link.