If you have not received an email containing your license key, please either check your inboxes (sometimes the email will get marked as spam put into the 'Updates' tab in Gmail) or get in touch with us at email@example.com and we can provide it to you.
Installing Kami a The Student's Device
As with the previous article where we discussed the steps for an individual users setup; we need to follow the same steps for each student, to ensure they have installed the necessary Kami Extensions and have connected their Kami account to the relevant Google Drive.
- Each student must install the Kami extensions listed above (or speak to your school network administer about deploying them across your school's domain)
- Each student must create a Kami login using their school email address (https://web.kamihq.com/web/viewer.html)
- Open up Kami (https://web.kamihq.com/web/viewer.html)
Connecting student's Google Drive and Kami account
Get your students to connect their Kami account to their Google Drive by following these instructions (https://help.kamiapp.com/en/articles/647870-how-do-i-open-a-document-from-your-google-drive).
Sharing Your License With Your Students
There are three ways to add student's to your Kami Teacher license.
One: Assigning through Google Classroom (Auto-recognition)
Kami can use the integration with Google classroom to detect a student's account when they open an assigned file in Kami, and then add that account to your license. To do this:
1. Create an assignment using the Create Kami Assignment button.
2. Click the assign button. Any student who opens the assignment will have the sending teacher's license automatically applied to their account.
Two: Activation through each Student's Profile
1. Sign in - http://kamihq.com or via the Chrome app/extension.
2. Click the Profile icon in the top right, then click "Enter License/Coupon."
3. License - Add license key to the "License/Coupon" field.
4. Click Apply. If successful, there will be a green message that says "Successfully updated your profile."
Three: Forward The Email To Students
You can also forward the confirmation email you received to your students, and they can click the activation link from there.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.