There are three places that Kami can open your files from, your Chrome browser, Google Drive or OneDrive. If Kami is set as the default viewer, any PDF you open from these sources will open in Kami. However that might not be preferable, so here's how to swap that depending on your preference.
Default file viewer for Google Chrome
Open Kami and click the profile icon found on the upper right corner of the window, then click Settings.
Tick 'Automatically Load Files in Kami' if you want Kami as your default file viewer. Un-tick the option if you don't want Kami to be the default viewer.
Note: This option is only available by adding the Kami for Google Chrome extension. Please click here to install the extension if you cannot see the options above.
Default file viewer for Google Drive
1. Go to https://drive.google.com.
2. Select the gear icon in the top right corner, and select "Settings."
3. Select "Manage Apps".
4. If Kami is installed, search for the extension in the list, and select "use as default".
If Kami is not visible in that menu, you will need to connect the app to Drive first.
1. Select "Connect more apps" from the options at the top.
2. Search for Kami and click "Install"
3. Go back to Manage Apps, and select "Use by default."
If you encounter any issues loading your files automatically into Kami, or changing this setting in Google Drive or Google Chrome, email our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the method you are accessing your files with and any error messages you received.