Here are commonly asked questions about the Kami Certified Educator Program, including information about the Kami Fundamentals Course.
How do I become a Kami Certified Educator?
You can become a Kami Certified Educator by following the three steps below:
1. Join the Kami Educators Community
2. Submit an application
3. Complete the Fundamentals Course
Click here to visit our website for more information.
Why should I become a Kami Certified Educator?
Earning your Kami Certified badge is a great way to get more familiar with Kami and demonstrate your proficiency with a certificate and badge. With the free Kami Fundamentals Course and a global community supporting you, you will find opportunities to share your learnings and connect with fellow Kami educators.
How do I get my digital badge?
Upon course completion, you will be given access to a link where you can download your digital badge and email signature badge. This link will be displayed in the last section of the course.
How do I get my certificate?
Once you complete our course, you’ll be presented with your certificate within the course. You will have the option to download your certificate and you will also be emailed a copy.
I completed the course but I didn’t get my certificate. What do I do?
You can log in to your account and go to the last section to retrieve your certificate. If you’re still having troubles, please contact our Programs team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long is the certificate valid for?
To ensure you’re able to maintain your skills, the Kami Certified Educator certification is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
I can't access the application form, why is it closed?
It is open, we promise! The (Google) form may be closed for you if you're logged in with your school email address and your domain automatically blocks you from accessing files that are outside of your organization. We recommend either:
- Submit your application through this (Wufoo) form: click here
- or, sign out of your school account and sign in using an alternative Google account before you open the (Google) form.
I don't use social media. Can I still apply to get Kami Certified?
Yes, absolutely! It is not compulsory to have social media to become a Kami Certified Educator. We encourage our community to join our Kami Educators Community only if you're interested in engaging with like-minded Kami educators and the Kami team.
I recently attended a Kami training session, do I still need to take the course?
Yes, it is required to complete the course to earn your Kami certification.
What is the Kami Fundamentals Course?
The Kami Fundamentals Course is a free online course for those who want to join the Kami Certified Educators Program.
How do I get access to the Kami Fundamentals Course?
Access to the Fundamentals Course is invite-only for those who applied to our Kami Certified Educators Program. Click here to learn more.
I've heard Kami has training videos. Where can I find those?
You may see educators mention that we have “training videos” and they are most likely referring to our Fundamentals Course. You can find more information and apply here.
What lessons will the Kami Fundamentals Course cover?
- Section 1: Getting Started – Here you’ll get an introduction to Kami, learn how to install the Kami extension and set up an account for you and your students.
- Section 2: Navigating Kami – We’ll dive into discovering all of Kami tools and features across the annotation toolbar and the menu bar. Here you’ll explore features like Annotation Summary and Dark Mode.
- Section 3: Kami Across the Curriculum – You’ll learn about specific use cases to incorporate Kami across the curriculum. From mathematics to art, we’ll show you how to use the Kami tools to elevate your teaching, no matter the environment.
- Section 4: Kami with Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas – Learn how we integrate with our Learning Management Systems, we’ll show you how to push out a Kami assignment and you’ll master grading with Kami tools.
How long does the Kami Fundamentals Course take to complete?
The content in the Fundamentals Course has a total duration of one hour. However, you can go through the lessons at your own pace.
Is the Kami Fundamentals Course free?
Yes, the course is totally free.
Does the course have to be completed in one go?
No, you can access our course anytime and complete it at your own pace.
Why do I have to create an account to access the course?
Account creation is necessary to track enrollments and course completion. Note that the account to access the course is not linked to your Kami account, so treat it as a new sign up.
Can I retake the course quizzes if I get some questions incorrect?
Yes, you may. You can retake the quizzes up to 10 times.
The videos in the Fundamentals Course isn't loading for me. What do I do?
Please make sure you have a secure internet connection. If you find the videos buffering frequently, there may be a lot of network traffic in your area.